Tuesday 7 September 2010

A New Chapter...


'Find a clean page, write the date and the heading...'

My kids will be writing about their 6 week summer holiday adventure this morning. We haven't been anywhere fancy, but we've had the most wonderful few weeks...playing on the beach, a week in Suffolk, a trip to London, playing cricket, late nights, seeing the cousins, meeting friends, fresh air, sunshine, more fresh air, more sunshine...

The 6 year old is starting in Year 2. She has grown about 12 inches over the holidays - everyone keeps saying 'Blimey! Look at you! You've shot up!' Even I can see she's grown, despite the fact that I've seen her every waking second over the holidays. She's losing her baby face, and she's turning into a gorgeous young girl.

The 9 year old has also grown over the holidays, and not just when he had his mohican hair cut.
He has one of those 'high rise' loft bed things. Back in the spring, he could walk under his bed no problem. Now, if he doesn't duck, he bashes his head.
He's starting at the Middle School today. He looked great in his new uniform. Grown up. Handsome. Clean!

He wanted me to take him to school on the first day. It was hoying down with rain, and I left him at the front doors of his big new school. He didn't look back, but I did notice that he had a grin from ear to ear. I wished I could go in with him. I'm going to miss my 2 little pals today.

Our 2 beautiful children are growing up, and they're starting a clean page today.



And so am I.

I have another couple of weeks off, and then I'm back to work. I think I'll be ready by then. I haven't had much of a chance to think about things much. I finished the radiotherapy, and then the kids broke up from school, so these couple of weeks are my chance to rest, recuperate, regroup, reflect...and then?...a new chapter awaits.

7 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous pictures Shents....they are both lovely looking, happy, secure kids and it shows in every picture :-)

    Looking forward to following you around on your new journey...(in a blogger sense only, not like a 'stalker') lol
    Much luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad and honoured that you are my first stalker!
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.Oh what lovely children,you must be so proud !!!!
    What a wonderful reason to fight as you did.
    Congratulations on all you have achieved over the last year,you have proved that cancer can take our bodies take our strength but it cant take our minds and our determination.Thank you so very much for your support which I know will continue from time to time.All the luck in the world,lovely people should get a break and you are certainly deserving a very very long string of luck.
    Much love Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad to read the encouraging blog of your road to recovery Shents. Now make the most of every day; those grins on all your faces are so well deserved.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rose - what a lovely message. I would like to ditto all that you have said - from me to you. (I'll add 'lovely grandchildren' to the list, though!)

    David - TY too for your message - you can be assured that 'making the most of every day' is my number 1 priority.

    Shents x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got me bealing again. I think the comments from your well wishers sum it all up. I'm a very proud Dad and Grandad. See you soon for a cuddle

    ReplyDelete