Sunday 16 January 2011

Chop and Change

I've had my first haircut in 12 months!

If I'd left it to grow for 12 months in normal circumstances, I probably would have looked like one of the Bee Gees (without the beard of course!) However, I was as bald as a coot in the first half of last year, so it didn't actually get that bushy! It seems like 5 minutes ago that I was a baldy lady, so the haircut on Friday was a significant and wonderful occasion!

Bloody hell, I needed it! Looking at the 2nd picture, I hadn't realised what a granny I had become! What a curly, fluffy, grey mop! On the plus side, I could have had free bus rides, cut-price swimming and a pensioner's portion of fish and chips at our pub...nahhh, not ready for that yet.

Anyway - what do you think? I'm getting a colour put in next week to cover the grey - what should I go for? Blondes? Reds?

Tony - if you read this - I know what you're going to say -  yes, the skinheed look was fun for a while, but its so bloody cold in the north that I need at least a bit of hair to keep me warm!
New style Shents - After my 1st haircut
Grandma Shents - just before the haircut. Bloody hell I look ancient!
Hair coming in nicely last summer - and gosh, don't I look well for someone on the sick!
Beach Babe - in public without a wig or a hat for the 1st time! Look at those Pixie ears!
The lovely Wiggy. Oh no it isn't! Ohhh yes it is!
Long hair, with highlights - couple of summers ago.
Long term options. Should I stay 'short and chic' or go back to being 'long and sophisticated....' Comments welcome!

8 comments:

  1. Shents,

    Funny, I missed the note to me and thought about continuing our banter, then read again and caught the bit to me...I feel special to have a mention!

    Seriously, would you have ever gone for the short (I mean real short) look previously, probably not so this has given you an insight. My advice is to go with how you feel at the time...maybe a nice short easy to manage short cut for the summer and a longer warmer cut for the winter (for some reason I just thought of sheep)!

    You are a stunner either way and the short cut suits you as much as the greenhouse shot with the long hair...absolutely fantastic that it is YOUR choice and not forced upon you...a new found freedom!

    Sorry not much help with the choices, just so pleased for you that you have them dear friend.

    Much Love

    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheep thought made me laugh - as funnily enough, before my hair was cut, it did feel quite woolly. I haven't shown a picture of the back, but it was made up of very tight curls - like I'd had a granny perm. Its all come off now, but I never thought - it could have been used to knit myself a nice warm jumper!

    You're so right of course - whatever I do, it'll be my choice - and I'm very very grateful for that.

    Much love

    Shents x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haircut...in fact, lovely hair, before during and after and at NO time did you resemble Granny Shents.

    The new cut is great though and personally I can't even see any grey so not going to advise on colour at all.

    Long term short vs long...I always think that shorter as we get older looks younger (does that actually 'make' any sense?)..

    What I'm trying to say is that sometimes, but not always, longer hair on ladies can make them look older.
    However you have youthful looks anyway so that bit wouldn't affect you :-)

    Let it grow a bit and see how you feel about it by next autumn/winter?....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab in each photo,I like the wig with the highlights or you could go chestnut,lot of upkeep though.You will look great whatever you do !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly I like it longer best because it seems more funky - it looks very sophisticated short which may or may not be the goal - it is still nice but not as "you". The colour does not look grey on any of the pictures so I would grow it longer (chin length) but leave natural colour?... I will be coming in the next few weeks to NE and promise will call in! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it short, but like Liz, think less "styled" suits you better. I actually think of you with short rather than longer hair. Remember how you used to wear a hat on the journey to school to flatten your curls by the time you got there? Not sure it ever worked but you persisted!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments everyone! I think I quite like it short. My hair in the 'long' photo was on a good day. I did have some real wild hair days when it was long! I've just had some red and orange hilights put in today. I can't seem to get my hair to look unstyled so I thought I'd change the colour a bit to make it look less like a granny set! Tom thought I'd been colouring it in with lizzies felt tips!

    I Remember the hat trick, Jill! Happy days!

    Looking forward to seeing you liz

    XxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya I think you really suit the short do, thanks for all your advice, Im very impatient but wont be long till my hair needs cut. Thanks again. col x

    ReplyDelete