Thursday 7 October 2010

Walking on the Moon

I have decided to do the Moon Walk in London next May with a bunch of pals.
26 miles around the capital, starting off at midnight and walking in bras. Hmm. Not my usual sort of challenge, but hey, you know, it might just be quite good. It might even be really good! And it'll raise a bit of money for the cause.

So today, after a 'pain au chocolate,' a coffee and a small putting the world right session with my dad, I went on my first official training session with 2 pals - one of whom is also doing the walk (a fellow cricketer!)
We enjoyed a 5 mile loop in the hills around where I live. Warm sunshine, fresh air, a flask of home made poop soup and great company. Now that's the kind of fitness training I enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shents. Enjoying your new blog. What on earth is poop soup please?! And as for challenges I am running --- yes you heard me right --- running my first 10k on 31st of this month. Maybe the GNR next year after for ever saying I would never ever run. The Moon Walk sound brilliant. You will see London as not many people get to. Still got to figure out getting together.! love Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poop soup is soup that makes you poop! Cabbage, broccoli, onion, carrots - we certainly motored across the fields faster after we'd had it!
    OMG, you are doing WHAT???!!!! RUNNING?!!!
    Fantastic! You doing it for MND?
    Why don't you join us in the Moon Walk? We can have 7 hours of non-stop yacking!
    Oh - and that invitation goes out to anyone else who fancies a 26 miles stroll around London!..
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete