Friday 8 April 2011

Going for the Burn

Fantastic 14 miler training walk today in glorious Northumbrian sunshine and cool wind - but its getting REALLY HARD! My feet nacked by the end, my hips now need replacing and even my fingers looked like 2 bunches of pork sausages by the time we fell into the Tea and Tipple in Corbridge for scones and Fentimans lemonade.

When I got home, the posty had delivered my Walk the Walk parcel - in it:- a t-shirt, a cap, my number (13278) and a revolting flesh coloured bra! I tried it on, looked in the mirror, and discovered that I had acquired my first tan of the year (or rather, BURN!) Look at my red nose and burnt chest! April in Northumberland and I'm sunburnt! Normally we're plodging through snow at this time of year!

6 comments:

  1. Are you wearing *that* bra to walk in? (!!!)

    As for the nose/chest, plaster it with yoghurt and it'll calm it down.

    I like the sound of scones and Fentiman's - I should have come up there to be your training manager :-))

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have to wear that awful bra but you have to decorate it in the style of 'walking on the wild side' - any ideas?!! It's bad enough walking 26 bloody miles in the middle of the night, why the hell you have to do it in a flesh coloured bra I don't know!

    My nose is on fire. Will try yoghurt. Only got rhubarb flavour though!

    Fentimans lemonade is delish, and I could have eaten 18 scones I was so hungry. I'd love you to be our team manager - get yourself up here next Friday for the 16 miler!

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, decorate each cup in the style of a wild cat...ie one side like a lion, one side like a tiger, attach whiskers, draw/stitch on eyes, nose and maybe some feathers for the mane on the lion..

    Failing that, cover the whole thing in grass, ivy, and stuff that grows wild :-)

    Rhubarb should do it, if it stings too much get E to lick it off - LOL xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could decorate them as two eyes with glow in the dark stickers so that you can see your way around.
    Well done you !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the 14 miles!!!! My friends and I are considering doing the walk next year, but not sure we will stick to the training once we catch sight of nice cool beer in a pub garden!!!! Lol.
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid ideas Carole and Rose! I just hope I can be organised enough to get something done!
    Paula- I try to plan our walks so that we don't pass any pubs, but it's difficult! We always try and end up at the tea and tipple - a lovely place in Corbridge that does delicious scones. I get massively starving after a walk. God knows what I'll be like after 26 miles!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete