Monday 21 November 2011

Capturing the Moment

We've invested in a spanking new camera and lens because I am obsessed with capturing moments in time.

Every weekend has the same activities in it - gymnastics, football, rugby, bacon and egg sarnies at the tea room...

...but despite the fact that the activities are the same, each weekend has slightly different moments of time in it which I try and capture with the lens, and yet enjoy in 'real life' too.

Here are some of my moments from this weekend...

I was crouching down at the corner flag hoping to get a good photo, when this lad on the 10 year old's team broke free and started charging towards me! He scored a great try. Its ALMOST a great shot, but not quite as I didn't manage to get the try-scorer in focus...but still pretty chuffed with it!
The 10 year old has the ball...
And still has the ball!...just!
Looking mean!
Meanwhile, here's the littlun in action from this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I nearly made a comment on facebook about you being such a good photographer, but I now see you've got an amazing camera!!

    oh dear! i'm not quite sure that sounds right? haha,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn - welcome to the blog! Thanks for stopping by!

    A brill camera in the hands of someone who hasn't got a clue turns into a rubbish camera! lol!

    I've only just got it - about 3 birthday presents and 3 Christmas presents worth! I really need to go on a course to get the most out of it, as I have no experience whatsoever with photography other than point and press!

    The good photos I've shared are a few out of about 40 million - hopefully when I get the hang of it I can become a total whizz!

    How you doin anyway?

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing ok thanks, keeping a calm head ( well in a fashion lol )

    And I say " david bailey eat ye heart out" you may have found your forte!

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shents, stunning pictures, you must be so proud. Like I said before a moment frozen in time is so very special.

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lynn! And glad you're keeping calm!
    Much love x

    Thanks Tony - The kids are growing up so fast that its nice to be able to 'freeze' them for a moment!
    Hope you're doin' ok, bonny lad
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete