Monday 7 March 2011

Happy Birthday 10 Year Old!

Blimey! My eleven pound baby boy is 10 years old today! (That's eleven pounds in weight, by the way - not money!)
Happy Birthday 10 year old!

I can't believe its 10 years since the midwife exclaimed 'Oh My word - he's HUGE!' then passed me this enormous new born baby!
HU-U-UGE Baby! March 7th 2001
So, double figures then. My gorgeous boy. Growing up, and growing into a lovely young lad.
I've just returned from his parents evening where his Middle School teachers have told me what a canny lad he is - 'sensible, mature and caring' said his form teacher, 'amazing,' said his English teacher, and the science teacher (the headteacher) said, 'he's a very bright boy, but he fidgets and he's not very good working in a group...'

When I got home, I told him all the fab things that his teachers had said, then told him about Mrs H, the head's comments.

 'Hmmm,' he considered, 'Yes, I do fidget a bit.....but she's completely wrong - I do work well with everyone, they just don't work well with me!'

Wasn't quite sure what to say to that!!!!

Happy Birthday Tom!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! Happy Birthday TYOT (Ten Year Old Tom)...Many Happy Returns and hope you had simply the best day.

    Your blog is great btw - both me and Dj have dropped by to see what you're posting. Well done.

    Much luv, Carole, Rab and Dj xxxx

    PS Shents....eleven pounds! eleven pounds! OMG LOL...
    both my boys were 'huge' at around 7lbs :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. also wanted to say that Dj says the same thing about 'other people not working well with him' so there must be some truth in this :-)

    Well done T on EXCELLENT feedback from your teachers.

    A tip for you....if you have problems with fidgeting (probably if something a bit boring is going on) Dj uses this technique (because he has LOTS of problems with fidgeting around)...
    If you're at the table, gently tap the underneath with just one finger. Tap out a pattern, 3 taps then 4 taps - but very quietly, no-one must hear them and you mustn't look at your finger - you have to look ahead or down at your work and concentrate on the tapping pattern.
    If you're not at a table, do the same trick on the side of your knee. It gets you settled and refocused.

    Shents
    Is the Head childless by any chance? :-)) Sometimes I wonder how they expect 9/10 yr old's not to fidget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture of you both. Einstein was a fidget and couldn't work in groups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carole
    Can't believe my little lad is 10! He loved finding your comments on his blog. Need to nag him to get it updated!
    Good advice about the fidgeting! Got to admit, when I was chatting to the scary headteacher I was so tempted to fidget, just to completely annoy her, but I was too scared! I've passed on your top tips to Mr T who will try them in his next science lesson!
    By the way - re-e-e-e-ally glad to read your positive post the other day. I'm so desperate for some good things to start happening for you.
    much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad - Little minx-girl took the photo - not bad eh?!
    I loved Tom's answer to the working in groups thing. I know just how he feels!
    We must do another pub date soon and try out the fab new dominoes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shents,

    Yes, tell him to keep going with the blog - Dj checks it regularly now to see which music he's posting.

    You SO should have started fidgeting with scary H...that would have been just too funny :-))

    I've just emailed you about something that I wanted to let you know.

    Much luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete