Friday 18 March 2011

Because We're Worth it!

I allowed myself to get a little 'agitated' at work this week - the first time this has happened since I returned in October. I was really cross with myself for letting this happen. Why should I get so upset about colleagues who are rude, disrespectful, non-supportive, condescending and generally badly behaved...are they WORTH worrying about?....NO! Of course not!....I know this, but in our meeting today I had to stop myself from doing this...:-)



But I didn't. Instead, I planned on having a good old rant when I got home.
My poor, long suffering husband stopped me in my tracks, though.

'Why are you so bothered?' he said. 'You're healthy, you have a lovely family, you're home now, they're not WORTH it!...'

He was absolutely right of course, and the next day was so much better. I breezed in, did my job (which I love by the way) and spent time with some of the NICE people. Much better. I came home, bright as a button, to my lovely family.

And today, whilst that lot were slaving away in the office, where was I?
I was out walking with 3 lovely friends, in the glorious spring sunshine in our beautiful countryside. We walked 9 miles then tucked in to delicious sarnies and scones at the Tea and Tipple in Corbridge...

....because we're WORTH it!!

2 comments:

  1. I WANT NAMES AND ADDRESSES !!!No-one upsets my lovely butty and gets away with it.I have the boys waiting.
    I am glad you have been able to put some perspective on this but it is hard when people are unfair.
    You are definitely worth it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose! And don't worry - the boys are already on their way round to bash those nackers from the 'Race For Life Sexist' thread. They are exactly like the people I was talking about at work! Not worth it! (But I'd still like to clash their heads together!)
    How's your arm doing? Is it feeling any better? You're a great left-handed typist!
    Much love as always
    Shents xx

    ReplyDelete