Friday 24 June 2011

Goodbye dear Rose


My lovely friend Rose died last night.

Her daughter said that she died peacefully and was not in any pain.

She had battled bravely against cancer for over 3 years.

I met Rose on the Cancer Research forum. She helped me, and so many other people on this forum with her lovely kind words. She posted well over 1,000 times, and was often the first to reply to someone arriving at the site for the first time. She was always positive, upbeat, caring and kind - and her words were like a hug of friendship and support for everyone who received a reply from her.

She was a regular visitor to this blog too, and would often leave me a lovely comment. She would always give me a smile.

We never met, but I will miss her friendship very very much.

Knowing Rose however, she wouldn't want me to be sad. (Difficult Rose, sorry!) - so I will raise a glass to her tonight and celebrate the life of a lovely lovely lady who I'm so glad I knew.

Much love to her gorgeous family - they should feel very proud of their dear Rose.

xxx

'Its not where you go when you die,
it's how you live when you're alive,
who you touch and how you feel it

and its not about the time that you have
its how you cry and how you laugh
who you love and how you mean it...

My favourite song is for you today, Rose.

3 comments: