Wednesday 22 June 2011

A Week in Pictures

I was wondering why I was feeling wrecked today, and why I nearly fell asleep at my desk at work. Then I remembered what kind of a week it had been...

Last Tuesday...I played cricket against Hexham Leazes. Got stuffed by them....

Hammered but still smiling.
On Thursday...I played cricket against Wylam and we won!

Hoorah!

On Saturday...I took part in the 1st school fancy dress parade for the fair. The theme was 'Flights of Fancy.' We went as Virgin Atlantic cabin crew, pilot, co-pilot and plane. We didn't win - it was a lad dressed as a hot air balloon that got first prize - a trip in a helicopter!

Quite liked the uniform, but not sure about the red lippy!
Then on Sunday... I played cricket against our Under 10's KIDS. A mixture of emotions in that game...we lost, but our kids won. Disappointed and pleased all at the same time!

Kids v mums. That's my little lad with his back to the camera.
Then this Tuesday...Took the 10 year old to a county cricket festival in Stockton-on-Tees. He got a wicket against Yorkshire and managed to score some runs, and a wicket against Cumbria. It was a fab day.

This is him batting against Yorkshire...
...and after the game with his pal. (I used to go to school with his pal's dad - any ideas who, Jill/Liz? - there is a resemblance!)
And tonight - I should have been playing cricket against a team from Gosforth but its been called off for the rain...

Phew!...Time to get my feet up I think!

4 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely time to put your feet up for a bit....great pics, really enjoyed hearing about your week (and the kid's week too).

    Love the Virgin Atlantic costumes - worthy winners but hey ho, next year maybe....

    Shents, you're looking really good. Healthy, glowing and content too - excellent stuff
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carole,

    Enjoyed an evening with feet up!

    Carole you're right, I'm very content, and very lucky to be so.

    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he an Anderson??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correct! I can see a lot of his Aunty in him can you?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete