Friday 16 September 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Gosh, its been a while since I posted anything on here! The summer holidays have scuppered writing, and now that the kids are back at school, I'm busy getting my head around new routines/activities etc.
I seem to have done nowt but write cheques for the last couple of weeks - school dinners, gymnastics, cricket, school trips, Brownies, school swimming, school milk, new sweatshirts.....I'm skint!

I have, however, been busy writing the Corbridge Angels blog which seems to have gone down well with its readers! We actually WON our last game of the season. Even if you're not a cricketer, you might enjoy reading an account of that momentous game...http://corbridgeangels.blogspot.com/2011/09/angels-in-moonlight.html

Tonight, I'm hosting 'An Evening with the Angels.' All the cricket lasses from Corbridge Angels are coming over to my place bringing a plate of grub and a bottle. We've got some fun awards and I've organised a couple of surprises in there too, so hopefully we'll have a good night. I must get on tidying the house!

And yesterday it was my birthday. I'm 43. Blimey - how did that happen??!

I had a lovely day - the 7 year old appeared 'in my face' at around 7.15am with pen and paper to take my order for breakfast, then took it down to the chef - the 10 year old - who set to work on my order. Toast with honey, orange juice and a piece of flapjack that he'd made in his cooking lesson the day before. Delish.

Usually, my birthday gets irritatingly unacknowledged by my husband, but he today he managed a sleepy 'happy birthday,' then produced a family holiday back to India just before Christmas. A rather splendid present! Can't wait!

As the day went on, I scoffed a HUGE lunch with dad and Eileen, then later tried to burn off the calories by cutting the grass. As I was doing this, the 10 year old, his pal and the 7 year old sneakily set about making some 'birthday flapjack' for me. I came back in the house to this -


It was delicious, and there was none left 10 minutes later.

Later, my mum came across with a birthday cake and candles, so I even had the whole 'Happy Birthday dear mu-um/Lisa' thing to enjoy before polishing off a bottle of sparkles from my workmates.

I'm a very lucky lass :-))))

And now that the cricket season has finished, I'll be updating this blog more regularly rather than the 'Corbridge Angels' blog - so if there are any readers still left out there - please don't leave me just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment