Thursday 28 October 2010

Curly Wurly Girly

The 6 year old is well known for her haircuts. 

Last week, she won one in a raffle. No point in me having it - not sure I'm going to need a haircut for a little while! So I booked her an appointment for this morning.

I thought I'd better just give her a quick nit check before we went as she is a nit magnet. Fortunately there were no little beasties partying in her hair. I've invested in a 10 quid nit comb called the 'Nitty Gritty' which seems to grab hold of every little speck in her hair - so thankfully we seem to have eradicated the problem altogether!

The hairdressers was a very posh place, and they looked after her like a little film star whilst I sipped a complimentary filter coffee and the 9 year old lounged on the leather settee flicking through car magazines.

She opted for a general trim with some beautiful big curls. I thought I'd better take some photos afterwards because I knew they wouldn't last!

Sure enough, within a few hours she was up to her eyes in clart playing footy with her brother and a group of lads. When she trouped off the field, smelling of fresh air and with roses in her cheeks, there wasn't a curl in sight!...But she still looked gorgeous!

Posh Hairdressers Face with Curls
Normal Cheeky Face With Curls
This is why she's well known for haircuts!
When I was supposed to be looking after her and her best pal, they decided to have a go at cutting each others hair.
Which meant she had to have an emergency bob for a while!
...But then she always had the Dolly Parton wig.
She's fast asleep on this photo and I got the fright of my life when I came to kiss her goodnight...
...But not as big as the fright I got one night when she wasn't even in her bed!
10 minutes of panic before I opened the doors of her wardrobe...
She's a handful my little Curly Wurly Girly - but by God she makes us smile!

6 comments:

  1. She's so gorgeous Shents - I love all the pics but especially the emergency bob one, just soo cute ...

    Now, we need a post and lots of pics on the 9yr old next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God! The emergency bob. I had to explain to her friend's mum what had happened and take her daughter for an emergency bob too! Luckily, 3 years later we are still the best of friends and look back on 'the haircut' with a laugh!
    The 9 year old is so much more sensible...but equally gorgeous - yes, I'll post some pics of him soon!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beauty,she looks so wicked !! I once had to cut 6ins off Debbie,s hair because she decided to chew bubble gum and hair together !!Debbie was never a little lady either,always getting dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pics Shents! Brilliant haircut! Is Karen reading this... We used to try and cut hers in class remember? But never this drastic!!! Hope you well. Love Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose - 6 inches! Thats a LOT of hair!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz
    Yes you're right we did try and we did SUCCEED in cutting Karen's hair. We also coloured it in with felt pens.
    Don't worry - she won't read this, and I won't tell her it was you.
    Shents xxxx

    ReplyDelete